Sunday, July 05, 2015

MTV And Torah

י"ח לחודש הרביעי תשע"ה
Arutz 7: From MTV to Buddha to Judaism
Eden Har'el, Israeli actress and TV host, shares her journey of rediscovering her Judaism. 
Yoni Kempinski, 7/3/2015 
Eden Har'el, an Israeli actress and television host, became a host on MTV Europe when she was only 18 years old. She later went to India for a year, where she lived in a Buddhist monastery. These days she has rediscovered her Judaism and has become more observant. (cont.)
Esser Agaroth (2¢):
I am posting this story and video for one reason. In 1998, I flew to England for a two week university course. It was the only time I ever left Israel, since first arriving the year before.

I was bumped up to first class, because the flight was overbooked. Eden was there on the same plane, being inundated by 10 and 11 year old girl fans, who sneaked into first class to get her autograph. The El Al flight crew was mostly cool about relaxing the rules about letting Eden's young fans into first class.

I remember that Eden was totally cool to her fans, greeted them with a big smile, and signed autographs for each and everyone of them.

Let us hope that her fans will be impressed, and follow her example.


Well, actually I have a second reason for posting this. A friend of mine whose birthday was on Shabbath is an MTV history mumheh (expert). So, I thought that he would get a kick out of this.

MTV did not stand in the way of either of us from sticking with a Torah-observant life style, although I am afraid I cannot recommend watching MTV now.

No comments:

You Might Also Like...